24 May 2012
Official launch of SUBSPORT – your free online resource on how to substitute hazardous chemicals
Helsinki Chemicals Forum
INVITATION - FREE
There is an urgent need to phase out harmful chemicals and replace them with safer alternatives or techniques to reduce adverse health effects and environmental pollution. SUBSPORT, the Substitution Support Portal, shows you how this can be done, and which alternatives can be used. SUBSPORT is a free-of-charge multilingual web portal providing tools and guidance for substance evaluation and substitution management. The launch includes the first-time release of the case story database presenting practical real-case examples of companies and other stakeholders that have done successful substitution work.
Raluca Aurora Stepa, Kooperationsstelle Hamburg and Tatiana Santos Otero, ISTAS
Eva-Lena Carlen-Johansson, Manager Sustainability Projects, Skanska
Ana García Oliver, Unión Sindical Madrid Región de Comisiones Obreras
Annette Wilschut, Senior Advisor Product Safety & Toxicology, Royal DSM N.V
WHEN: 24 May 17.00-18.00
WHERE: Side event at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, Room 216, Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre, Helsinki, Finland (www.helsinkicf.eu). Free of charge event. Refreshments will be served.
For information about SUBSPORT, please visit www.subsport.eu. For more information about the launch event, please contact Amanda Huss email@example.com
SUBSPORT is run by Kooperationsstelle Hamburg IFE GmbH, Grontmij, ISTAS and ChemSec, and funded by the Life+ Programme of the European Union, BAuA (Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) Germany and Lebensministerium (Ministry for Environment and Agriculture) Austria.
- » In-situ biocides in the EU and the USA, 9 July (free webinar)
- » Back to Basics - Understanding South Korea’s Chemical Regulations (free webinar), 16 July
- » Back to Basics - Understanding China's Chemical Regulations (free webinar), 22 July
- » Back to Basics - Understanding Thailand and Malaysia's Chemicals Regulations (free webinar), 1 September
- » Biocides Asia, 28–29 September
- » Regulatory Summit Asia, 30 Sep–1 October
- » Enforcement Summit Europe, 21–22 October 2015