Skip to: top navigation | main navigation | main content

Date 10 December 2018
Title Product Labelling – Consumer vs Workplace Use
Organiser Intertek
Location Online Webinar

In Europe, the labelling of hazardous chemical products is prescribed by the Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulations (CLP) regardless of whether the product is used in an occupational or consumer setting. This makes things less complicated for companies placing hazardous chemical products on the market in the EU.

In other jurisdictions, such as Canada and the United States, the requirements for the packaging and labelling of hazardous consumer chemicals follow different regulations from those prescribing the label requirements for chemicals intended for workplace use. In the US, consumer chemical classification and labelling requirements are dictated by the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA). The Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR) is the legislation that prescribes the classification and labelling requirements in Canada. Both the FHSA and CCCR classification criteria are similar to the GHS criteria, though they are not completely aligned.

Failure to properly package and label consumer chemicals in the US and Canada can result in costly product recalls. Please join us as we outline the consumer product labelling requirements and help you avoid these potential market challenges.

Product Labelling – Consumer vs Workplace Use

Complimentary Webinar
December 10, 2018 | 10am EST, 3pm GMT, 4pm CET
Register Here

Further Information