Latest features – November 2018
Features are available to registered subscribers only.
In this issue:
- Annex VIII: theory and practice - With just over a year until the first deadline, how is the new harmonised system shaping up?
- Vietnam moves towards an inventory - Will Vietnam’s new ‘chemical list’ significantly shape chemical management there?
- Cosmetics without animal testing - Customers and regulators are demanding alternative means of testing cosmetic ingredients and more of these are becoming available all the time
- ‘Eurasia REACH’ – what do we know today? - The Eurasian Economic Union is poised to enact its own version of REACH, but much of the detail remains unclear
- Siefs: a new era for an old concept - More than 16,000 Siefs are still grappling with data sharingzBrexit and financial issues
- Echa’s Board of Appeal and cosmetics testing on animals - Recent decisions have
missed a golden opportunity to rule on the principle that animal testing should never be allowed in cosmetic ingredients
- Time to close the loop - The chemicals industry cannot simply carry on using toxic materials in its products, however safely it manages them
- Principles of chemical regulations – why do we have them? - There is a danger of following the letter and not the spirit of the law
- Guest Column: Principles of chemical regulations – why do we have them?
- Guest Column: Time to close the loop
- Expert Focus: Echa’s Board of Appeal and cosmetics testing on animals
- Expert Focus: ‘Eurasia REACH’ – what do we know today?
- Feature: Cosmetics without animal testing
- Feature: Vietnam moves towards an inventory
- Around the Hubs
- In the news
- Spirit of the law
- Feature: Annex VIII, theory and practice
- Feature: Siefs, a new era for an old concept