You are (or are willing to become) an expert in REACH and CLP. essenscia members contact you for their questions on those topics and other issues on productpolicy.
You are in the lead of the VLARIP-project. You organise the training programme and working groups amongst member companies (esp SME).
You closely follow the creation of new European, national and regional product legislation. You hereby pay attention to the impact on the chemical sector and can clearly communicate the points of interest of the federation.
You represent essenscia in European, national and regional policy and advisory bodies.
You are in contact with all relevant stakeholders (members, sectors, administrations, cabinets, other federations and associations, universities and colleges, ...) to defend the positions of the sector and to improve social support.
You will be given the opportunity, over time, to coordinate a sub-sector of essenscia.
Profile and competences
- Holder of a Master's degree in a scientific field, with a strong interest in chemistry
- You have knowledge of the general applicable legal framework for chemical substances such as REACH and CLP
- Strong communication, relational and didactic skills
- Perfect command of Dutch, good spoken and written knowledge of French and English
- You have a critical and analytical mind, with an eye for detail
- Not only strong in project and team work, but you also think ahead and can work independently
- You are stress resistant and diplomatic
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in regulatory affairs, REACH & CLP, toxicology
A unique position in a successful and growing life sciences sector with many challenges and opportunities
A positive team spirit with the colleagues from other departments of essenscia
The position of Advisor Product Policy is to be carried out at the essenscia offices located Boulevard Auguste Reyers 80 – 1030 Brussels. The position is already open and can be fulfilled as soon as possible.