The Global Regulatory Chemical and Safety Data Sheet Compliance Lead will be responsible for leading and managing compliance with the regulatory aspects of Chemical and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) regulations. This position is located in Philadelphia, PA. This individual will assess existing, pending and new regulations; determine their impact to the business; and implement processes and action plans, as appropriate. Major responsibilities areas will also include supervising regulatory specialists in this functional area, managing current Ag Solutions SDS activities in WERCS, transitioning Ag Solutions SDS activities into SAP and conducting regulatory assessments of our products and ingredients to support business initiatives and compliance.
- Assess existing, pending and new global chemical regulations, including but not limited to: REACH, TSCA, international chemical inventories, substance notifications and reporting requirements. Determine and communicate their impact to the business. Develop and implement appropriate processes and action plans to ensure compliance.
- Assess existing, pending and new global SDS regulations and the global implementation of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS). Determine and communicate impact to the business. Develop and implement appropriate processes and action plans to ensure compliance.
- Supervise four or more regulatory specialists in the functional areas of chemical compliance and safety data sheets.
- Manage Ag Solutions requirements in WERCS, including: database decisions for Ag Solutions, the development of global SDS templates and SDS distribution.
- Working closely with the project team, develop and implement a plan to transition all global Ag Solutions SDSs into SAP. Work closely with the regions to ensure local requirements are satisfied.
- Manage the preparation of compliant global SDS templates and SDSs to support our Ag Solutions business.
- Manage the population and maintenance of products, components and phrase translations in the SDS database. Coordinate closely with Global Regulatory Product Life Cycle Management Lead to ensure alignment.
- Coordinate the tracking substance or ingredient limitations, phase outs and bans. Determine and communicate the impact to Ag Solutions products.
- Coordinate closely with Procurement inert ingredient initiatives. Determine and communicate the impact of new or alternate ingredients to product SDSs.
- Conduct active ingredient, formulation, inert ingredient and substance level regulatory assessments.
- Build and maintain strong internal working relationships with Global Regulatory and Registration Managers, Development, Global Supply Chain and Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Work in a safe manner and support a safe working environment and security measures in word and in practice.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, typically from the science disciplines
- Minimum 5 years experience in highly regulated sector of the chemical industry, preferably agricultural chemicals
- Expertise in Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS) and CLP regulations
- Expertise in REACH and TSCA regulations
- Expertise in SDS authoring software, preferable in SAP and WERCS
- Experience managing a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience in managing complex programs that lead to win-win solutions
- Learning agility
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience in prioritizing work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Familiarity with or experience with working well in a global cross-functional team environment
- Experience in managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for creative problem solving
- Demonstrated initiative and perseverance
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and communication
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.