**Can be located in Waterford, NY, Tarrytown, NY, or Friendly, WV**
This highly visible position is responsible for Product Stewardship support for the multiple Business Units with a focus on Fluids Personal Care products. Responsibilities include ensuring continuity and growth of the business through compliance with regulations applicable to the products and business activities, product registrations to support Growth, and working with Customers to meet their needs. This role also requires driving best practices that are efficient and consistent with Global Product Stewardship goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Works closely with the Business Teams to support new product development, lead product Risk Reviews, and product registrations. Provides training on regulatory topics as needed to the Business Teams. Leads and/or participates on other global Product Stewardship teams. Communicates legislative or regulatory changes that impact the Business Units to the Business team.
Job Description Detail:
- Provide Regulatory support in the form of Risk Reviews, training, meeting participation, answering customer questionnaires.
- Performs multi-faceted regulatory and compliance activities for global business market(s) as a team member for applicable market New Product Introduction Teams and as part of Regional and Global Product Stewardship Teams.
- Supports new substance notification and related activities by working closely with other Global Product Stewards and Leaders. Includes preparing documentation for various product registrations and reporting to global regulatory agencies and follow through by monitoring and providing status reports on these registrations.
- Detects potential issues before they occur and develops and provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Actively leads, participates, and supports Product and Application Risk Reviews (as applicable) and Product Stewardship Standard to comply with Responsible Care requirements.
- Monitors current legislative changes and initiation of necessary actions and communications about changing chemical regulations in various world regions and is actively involved in implementing solutions to address these changes as well as participating and contributing to advocacy efforts.
- Interacts with and responds to global customers, suppliers, and other applicable functions in supporting product regulatory and compliance solutions, needs, and responses.
- Develops relationships with key customers (internal and external) to assure appropriate communication, responses, and solutions are provided.
- Provides compliance advice and guidance to business to ensure that effective compliance policies and procedures are developed and maintained as well as recommends strategic approaches to new product development and registrations. Communicates status of regulatory registrations and notifications.
- Establishes, manages, and/or reports metrics for work and/or tie into global reporting to assure progress and accomplishment of work are communicated regarding compliance and its impact on business growth.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field: chemistry, biology, toxicology, engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in the area of chemical product safety / risk management.
- Must have basic chemistry skills related to product chemistry
- Knowledge and experience in the Personal Care Industry desired.
- FDA and toxicology knowledge and experience desired.
- Travel10-20%, including international trips as needed. Position may require availability for early morning conference calls to Europe or evening call to the Pacific.
- Ability to work, lead and manage in a global organization with highly matrixed reporting structure
- Ability to create and enrich the position to fit the needs of the team and company as well as the willingness to constantly improve knowledge and abilities in an interdisciplinary field
- Flexibility to focus on chemistry related topics as well as customer support and fulfilling legal requirements at the same time
- Demonstrated leader, creative problem solver, and have an aptitude to learn the relevant skill quickly
- Facilitate multiple function involvement and participation in problem solving and solution development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (multifunctional, global, all levels of the organization) and highly customer focused.
- Have passion, enthusiasm, optimistic working attitude, global team spirit, and be self motivated
- Advocate of productivity improvement tools for use in continual improvement efforts of global processes.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP etc.)