For its Petrochemicals Europe Industry Sector, Cefic is looking for a (M/F):
Mission of the role:
The manager will be responsible for working closely with a dynamic team of professionals focused on providing support to Petrochemicals Europe sector groups, on Lower Olefins, Aromatics, Ethylene and Propylene Oxides, Fuel Ethers and Solvents related dossiers.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Provide expert advice and support in the context of the science activities of Petrochemicals Europe
- Monitoring of relevant regulatory developments and information related to the chemical substances of Petrochemicals Europe;
- Managing several technical working groups dealing with petrochemicals and chemical derivatives;
- Identifying scientific issues, determination of relevant strategies and action plans with the participation of the working groups to comply with EU regulation;
- Coordinating and managing science projects showing accountability for the design, implementation, and execution.
- Initiating advocacy in line with action plans;
- Advising and ensuring high level service to the members;
- Maintain technical/scientific contact with regulators (ECHA, MS, OECD and UN) on relevant regulatory issues for Petrochemicals Europe.
- Strengthen links between Petrochemicals Europe Sector groups and Petrochemicals Europe as umbrella program
- Exploit synergies between Petrochemicals Europe and Cefic Product Stewardship and HSE programs.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- Master’s degree in chemistry, toxicology or similar; A PhD is a definite asset
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years proven successful experience in the sector of petrochemicals or derivatives (solvents, lower olefins, aromatics or fuel oxygenates and derivatives);
- Clear understanding of a federations’ role and being familiar with EU regulation and willing to develop their professional skills within European Affairs;
- Working experience with associations, communication with external authorities, EU environment is certainly an asset
- Project management skills, strong leadership and result oriented team player with pronounced customer focus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas/concepts, to adjust language and style to specific target audiences, and to deliver structured and convincing group presentations are essential;
- Ability to construct and communicate coherent arguments from complex technical/scientific data;
Required personal qualities:
- Good leadership skills and ability to develop consensus of diverging opinions;
- Strategic and analytical thinker with service and customer orientation;
- Willing to travel for business.
- A good team player, able to multitask and manage different priorities when working independently.
- Passionate about conscientious work and attention to detail.
- Curious, fast learning and willing to improve continuously.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 20 May 2019 to:
Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Assistant,
Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels
E-mail address: email@example.com