Chemical Watch is the leading global provider of independent news, intelligence and insight for product safety professionals managing chemicals. We empower our members to transform product safety management and unlock the full value of regulatory compliance within their business by providing access to a real-time news service and in-depth knowledge, tools and a network of experts.
We are enjoying strong year-on-year growth which is forecast to continue in the next few years and employ over 60 staff. We are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find Chemical Watch a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
Reporting to the Chief Analyst, the Asia Pacific Regulatory Analyst will join our growing team of analysts but also work closely with our journalists. They will focus on providing knowledge and information through our high-value range of membership products, events and other services to global companies, across a wide range of industry sectors. They will:
- As part of our global news team, run our Asia news desk and work with our Asia Pacific reporter to track regulatory and business developments and research and write news articles;
- Produce content such as regulation summaries and comparison tables that helps our customers ensure they are legally compliant in Asian markets and devise the best compliance and sustainability strategies;
- Serve as an internal and external expert by combining knowledge and understanding of chemicals management regulatory requirements in the region, as applied to the chemical industry and downstream sectors; and
- Present and chair sessions at Chemical Watch’s live events and webinars, plus third party conferences or training workshops.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Understanding of companies’ compliance needs and strategic concerns, plus strong regulatory research and analytical skills as demonstrated by prior experience (regulatory research or compliance) or training (degree in public policy or lawl), regional/country business or market sector expertise
- Ability to understand and analyse scientific and technical literature
- Public speaking ability in small meetings and large audience.
- Proven critical thinking regarding information and process
- Passion to learn new information and to train internal staff and external customers on new ideas, issues and processes
- Must be fluent in one or more of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, Thai or Mandarin
- High-level of spoken English and strong news writing skills, with the ability to provide accurate, concise and readable copy, in both short and long-form
While not mandatory, a successful candidate might also possess one or more of the following:
- Experience in the chemical and chemical product industry preferred
- Experience in regulatory compliance/ regulatory affairs preferred
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Follow the chemical agenda and regulatory developments in Asia Pacific
- Write new stories regarding regulatory and policy developments, including conducting interviews with regulatory authorities, country or regional trade association and NGOs
- Research and analyse regulatory, scientific and technological developments concerning chemical and chemical products in Asia Pacific
- Create high value content to provide intelligence and insights to the customers
- Analyse global legislation and create high value content based on the legislation (reports, guides, infographics, case studies)
- Write features, research papers to tackle a particular issue (chemistry, law, business, technology) which might impact the industry
- Assist the content & resource manager to identify sources and build our library of explanatory documents
- Serve as Chemical Watch's expert (speaker, moderators, etc.) at internal and external conferences, webinars, training courses
- Provide research for Editorial's team as required
- Assist in training and management of interns and knowledge transfer to other junior members of the team
- Assist sales and marketing team with technical expertise, including on conference calls and company visits
- Work collaboratively to support key internal stakeholders (Chief Analyst, Marketing/Sales, Chief Customer Officer/Editorial/Events), to deliver the shared team objectives, and to optimise the company’s overall success.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why this is the job for you to Nhat Nguyen, Chief Analyst (email@example.com) and Geraint Roberts, Editorial Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20 September.