With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Senior Product Stewardship Specialist to support US sites and the position can be located at any Hexcel US location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Recognizing and anticipating global product regulatory trends, emerging issues and customer expectations to ensure effective management of the Hexcel portfolio, and for the timely management of regulatory requirements for hazard communication processes in the Americas. Work with commercial and operational leadership to ensure regulatory changes and trends are strategically integrated and communicated.
- Serving as the functional owner and steward for systems that manage the development, management and distribution of safety data sheets, and health and safety labeling of Hexcel products manufactured and distributed within the Americas. Work with Research and Technology (R&T), operational and commercial teams to ensure information is disseminated, as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively with global Product Stewardship team to ensure product hazard classification, safety data sheet authoring, and health and safety labeling requirements are harmonized across Hexcel’s global businesses. In addition, ensure the transit of raw materials and products across jurisdiction and borders does not result in business disruption.
- Serving as the technical expert and leader for transport of hazardous goods regulations, establishing and maintaining a management system, responding to customer enquiries, and fulfilling information flow and training to the Hexcel Americas operations and logistics functions, and third-party shipping agents.
- Facilitating and managing chemical, physical, toxicological and eco-toxicological studies for fulfilment of regulatory, NGO, and customer requirements and drivers.
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert (SME) and leader for delivery of projects in line with Hexcel’s sustainability principles, such as recycling opportunities, returnable packaging, etc.
- Participating on Hexcel’s Corporate EHS audit team throughout the Americas.
- A relevant degree (Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Health and Safety or equivalent), with 8+ years of work experience in a product regulatory affairs/stewardship.
- A post graduate degree or certification in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Studies or Toxicology is preferred.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US Department of Defense security clearance.
- Proficient expert of Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals and its applicability to Americas jurisdiction legislation.
- Qualifications to fulfil certification for Transport of Hazardous Goods Regulations for air, sea, and CFR49 (DOT).
- Working knowledge of the Toxic Substances Control Act.
- Good working knowledge of toxicology and ecotoxicology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organization skills, have the ability to design and deploy detailed plans, be a confident communicator and an experienced trainer and coach.
- Strong IT skills and experience establishing/manipulating databases and document management systems, including SharePoint.
- Able to communicate and influence effectively including experience of presenting and justifying regulatory recommendations to stakeholders
- Able to recognize regulatory changes and trends impacting Hexcel’s market sectors, and foresee impacts of change driven by product stewardship activities on other parts of Hexcel’s business
- Able to work in a high energy, rewarding business with regulatory and stakeholder deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Functions well independently and is self-motivated. Works with minimum guidance and direction to accomplish overall team, and company goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s product range and an awareness of our customers’ working practices and product handling techniques.
This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. federal government contracts that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.