Hewlett Packard Inc.
|Job title||Regulatory Toxicologist|
|Salary range||Commensurate with experience|
Victor Tejero Valle
Tel: +34 930031430
Job Description Summary
The Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance group, in support of HP’s Print Business, is hiring a Regulatory Toxicologist to support HP’s WW ink and supplies programs. This person will be based in Barcelona, Spain. The person hired for this position will be part of a team of professional toxicologists that partner with product design teams, raw material suppliers, global marketing teams, and external toxicology testing laboratories, to improve and assure product safety and chemical compliance performance.
Hiring Requirements/Job Details
HP’s Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance team, is strategically investing in expanding and enabling market share leadership across numerous printing platforms and ink supplies businesses. The traditional consumer and office inkjet applications have significantly grown and evolved into diverse printing applications with a diverse global customer base now including commercial and industrial markets. Accompanying HP’s technological growth is supply chain changes and complexity to support the conversion from analog to digital printing. Global chemical compliance requirements continue to evolve demanding a more comprehensive and proactive approach to effectively manage ink component portfolios in support of unrestricted assurance of HP’s printing supplies.
HP’s Regulatory Management and Chemical Compliance Team is committed to protecting our current product portfolio and global customer base as well as our new product introductions by ensuring compliance with all applicable worldwide and country-specific chemical regulations while avoiding interruption to supply. Based in Barcelona, Spain, the Regulatory Toxicologist reporting to the Regulatory Management and Chemical manager will play a critical role ensuring products comply with worldwide chemical regulatory requirements. The toxicologist will partner with HP’s global and regional teams, legal counsel, R&D, product engineering, and supply chain professionals as well as global manufacturing facilities to improve and assure product safety and chemical compliance performance.
The Regulatory Toxicologist role is accountable for understanding and implementing diverse and evolving compliance requirements as part of the global ink regulatory landscape through execution of HP’s Design for the Environment (DfE) program, regulatory compliance goals, risk assessment, and supply chain collaboration by fostering effective relationships and a strong team environment.
· Conduct compliance and toxicological assessments, manage global compliance documentation, and communicate findings to product research and development teams.
· Ensure product compliance with worldwide chemical regulatory requirements.
· Complete accurate toxicological assessments in accordance with department procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
· Establish clear compliance goals with internal partner organizations for new ink development programs. Document and communicate Design for Environment (DfE) and regulatory compliance status to product development teams with periodic management updates.
· Prepare and coordinate chemical notifications, toxicology, physio-chemical testing and product registrations for the jurisdictions where chemical notification schemes exist.
· Assess and implement hazard communication (HazCom) and product labeling requirements, health and environmental classifications and transportation classifications to ensure compliance.
· Respond to customer inquiries regarding product safety and chemical compliance attributes of HP supplies.
· Support department team members and programs including product stewardship, product take back/recycling, regulatory management and chemical compliance and toxicology.
Please note: this job's application deadline has now passed