We value the privacy of our visitors and subscribers, and we promise never to share your information with any third parties unless you give us your express permission to do so. This policy was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Why are we processing your data?
The legal basis for our collection and processing of your personal data is legitimate interest. We use this data to fulfil our obligations to our customers, and for direct marketing purposes.
What personal data will we be collecting?
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your job role
- Your email address
- The name of the organisation you work for
- Your work (or personal) contact number
- Your work postal address
- The type of industry you work in
- Your dietary requirements (if you attend one of our events)
- Your activities within CW Research (such as subscription details, event attendance and your activity on our websites).
How are we collecting your personal data?
We collect your data from a number of sources:
- Registration information - the information you input when registering for any of our services
- Email information - email correspondences that you send us
- Social media information - if you engage with CW Research on social media (commenting, liking, sharing or viewing posts/pages), that information is collected
- Event attendance - if you sign up for an event CW Research is organising or attending, information that you provide may be gathered
- Survey information - we occasionally send surveys after events or courses, and your participation is entirely voluntary. Your results will be collected for reporting purposes, and to help us improve our services
- Contest information - we also occasionally hold contests or competitions, which are also voluntary. Contact information will be stored and used to notify the winner(s).
- Third party information - we may collect information from third party partners such as those whose events we attend or exhibit at. Other third party information may be collected from publicly available profile information, such as from public social media posts.
Do we share your data with anyone else?
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that might uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
However, may disclose information when legally compelled to do so - i.e. when the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights (such as for tax or accounting purposes).
How long will we hold your data for?
We will retain and use your collected personal data for the duration of our relationship with you (or until you choose to revoke your consent) - for as long as you are a member of our community.
What are your rights concerning the data we hold on you?
At any point during your interactions with CW Research, you reserve the rights to:
- Request the information that we hold for you
- Request that your information be removed from our databases
- Withdraw your consent to sharing your personal data
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, should you wish
- Request to update the information we hold for you
Our contact details
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via phone: +44 1743 818101
Via post: CW Research Ltd., Talbot House, Market Street, Shrewsbury, SY1 1LG, United Kingdom